If you are in need of temporary shelter and assistance, IV PADS may be able to help. Both our Ottawa and Peru shelters are open and available to both male and female individuals as well as families.
Our services are designed to offer a hand up, not a hand out.
We provide the following:
- A bunk bed with storage tote, laundry basket, and locker storage
- 3 meals per day (breakfast and dinner served in the shelter along with a sack lunch)
- restrooms with showers
- washer and dryer
- Individualized case management with goal setting and a plan of action
- On-site classes in job skills, computer skills, budgeting, parenting, and more along with a support group and Bible study
- Occasional transportation to appointments (NOT daily transportation or transportation to work or school)
- Assistance with a variety of needs – applying for other social services, assistance with prescriptions, referrals to medical and mental health professionals, etc.
- We have two locations. Our Peru shelter accommodates up to 66 individuals, and our Ottawa shelter accommodates up to 51.
- Dormitory style facility with a separate men’s and women’s area in the building
- Both locations have family rooms so that the family unit may remain together
- Beds are not reserved prior to admission. New clients are admitted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Typical hours of service are from 5pm-9am from August 15th – May 31st, however during the Covid 19 pandemic we remain open 24 hours a day.
- Children are welcome to shelter with us under the care of a parent/guardian, but we do not provide child care services. Child care is always the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Both of our shelters are located in rural areas. Public transportation services are at a minimum and we do not provide regular transportation. We will provide appropriate outerwear for walking and will lend bicycles on an as needed basis.
- Must present a photo ID or have police clearance
- Must not be a registered sex offender
- Must not arrive intoxicated (intoxication levels may be tested at any time)
- Must not have earned placement on our ‘Do Not Admit’ list due to past offenses
- Must be 18 years old OR accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Must agree to and comply with all shelter rules
If you are interested in seeking shelter with IV PADS, click here to contact us with any further questions.