If you are in need of temporary shelter and assistance, IV PADS may be able to help. Both our Ottawa and Peru shelters are open from 5pm-9am and available to both male and female individuals as well as families.
Our services are designed to offer a hand up, not a hand out.
We provide the following:
- A bunk bed with storage tote, laundry basket, and locker storage
- 3 meals per day (breakfast and dinner served in the shelter along with a sack lunch)
- restrooms with showers
- washer and dryer
- Individualized case management with goal setting and a plan of action
- On-site classes in job skills, computer skills, budgeting, parenting, and more along with a support group and Bible study
- Occasional transportation to appointments (NOT daily transportation or transportation to work or school)
- Assistance with a variety of needs – applying for other social services, assistance with prescriptions, referrals to medical and mental health professionals, etc.
- We have two locations. Our Peru shelter accommodates up to 24 individuals, and our Ottawa shelter accommodates up to 50.
- Dormitory style facility with a separate men’s and women’s area in the building
- Our Ottawa location has family rooms so that the family unit may remain together
- Beds are not reserved prior to admission. Check in is from 5pm-7pm nightly. New clients are admitted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Hours of service are from 5pm-9am from Sept 1st – May 31st. All clients must be out of the shelter at 9am sharp.
- Children are welcome to shelter with us under the care of a parent/guardian, but we do not provide child care services. Child care is always the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Both of our shelters are located in rural areas. Public transportation services are at a minimum and we do not provide regular transportation. We will provide appropriate outerwear for walking and will lend bicycles on an as needed basis.
- Must present a photo ID or have police clearance
- Must not be a registered sex offender
- Must not arrive intoxicated (intoxication levels may be tested at any time)
- Must not have earned placement on our ‘Do Not Admit’ list due to past offenses
- Must be 18 years old OR accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Must agree to and comply with all shelter rules
If you are interested in seeking shelter with IV PADS, click here to contact us with any further questions.