“The most exciting thing to me is when someone from the community makes the decision to use his or her talent or platform to better the lives of others. You can just feel the joy it brings.” – Jacqueline, Development & Outreach Assistant
IV PADS is funded almost exclusively through private donations from individuals, businesses, churches, clubs, and foundations. We accept and appreciate both financial and in-kind donations.
IV PADS strives to offer a hand up to the homeless instead of a hand out. Will YOU offer your hand by using your own abilities, talents, and resources? Join “Project Hand Up” today.
Project Hand Up ideas:
- Instead of birthday gifts, ask friends to donate needed supplies to IV PADS in your honor
- Run a race and raise pledges for IV PADS
- Sponsor a bake sale, hor ‘d oeuvres evening, or chili cook off with proceeds to benefit IV PADS
- Host a kitchen party – serve refreshments and collect guests’ gently used kitchen appliances, pots and pans, and dinnerware for Lily Pads to provide for clients who move out
- Ask your organization or business to protect PADS through cold & flu season by donating over-the-counter medications and pain relievers
- Pack a sack lunch all week instead of eating out and donate the amount you saved to IV PADS
- Set up a day of child care, photography sessions, music lessons, or tutoring and donate the proceeds to IV PADS
- In lieu of Christmas gifts from clients, ask for $5 gift cards to local fast food restaurants to donate to IV PADS
- Host a charity event or dinner at a local establishment to benefit IV PADS
- Plan a hands-on event with children in the shelter on a holiday from school – call Bingo and provide small prizes, plan a painting activity, host a game afternoon, or throw a make-your-own pizza party
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS! We can’t wait to hear your Project Hand Up idea.
To help plan your project, contact Jacqueline at (815) 224-3047.