A 5,880 square foot addition to the Peru PADS Shelter is needed to better serve the homeless in the Illinois Valley.
The addition will:
- improve the living space we provide for the homeless
- alleviate overcrowding by doubling bed space
- offer dedicated rooms to shelter families as a unit
- provide additional space for individuals with health challenges
- offer a larger classroom space
- provide a private, quiet area for case management professionals to provide support services
- double the size of laundry facilities
- offer additional washrooms
Why We Need to Act
Over the past decade the number of families turning to IV PADS for help has doubled and the number of children has quadrupled.
Data indicates that the poverty rate within families is alarmingly high and increasing. This circumstance adversely affects the day-to-day living including education, nutrition, housing, safety and sense of self-worth.
IV PADS can help improve the lives of the homeless and steer homeless individuals and families toward self-sufficiency.
Sponsor a room at Peru PADS
Your Room Sponsorship will greatly assist Peru PADS to offer a hand up to the homeless by providing:
- Sufficient Sleeping Space
- Dedicated Family Rooms
- Children’s Play Area
- Staff space for intervention, assessment, and case management
- Shower and Laundry Facilities
- Spiritual and Emotional Support
- Classes including Computer Training, Effective Parenting, Money Management, Life Skills Development, and More
- Referrals for Transportation, Continuing Education, Employment, Youth Development, Medical and Legal Issues, Government Benefits, and Housing
Room Naming OpportunitiesThe following rooms are available for sponsorship including the building addition.
Leave a Legacy, honor your family, memorialize a loved one, or recognize your company, civic group, or church by sponsoring a room.
Visionaries Circle – $50,000
Addition Exclusive Naming Rights
Partners Circle – $25,000
Men’s Sleeping Room
Women’s Sleeping Room
Cornerstone Circle – $10,000
Children’s Activities Room
Dining and Multi-Use Room
Heritage Circle – $5,000
Family Sleeping Room (4 available)
Case Management Office
Executive Director’s Office
Laundry Lane Expansion
Patrons Circle – $2,000
Registration Entryway Expansion